41. The Cunningham House
|This large home on Files Creek Road was built about
1894 as the home of Mr.and Mrs. E. A. Cunningham. He was an attorney, and Mrs. Cunningham
taught art in Beverly for many years. A photographer named S. Alfred Cavalier later owned
This 2 ½ story Queen Anne style house is 6 bays wide, with 1/1 windows, clapboard siding mixed with fishscale shingles, and a variety of decorative elements. It has a front corner tower with steeply pitched roof with top ball finial. The large, projecting, end gable bay of the front of the house has a cut-out decorative verge board in the gable end; the gable end also has vertical board siding with decorative applied panels. The one-story front porch has turned posts and spindled Eastlake detailing.