28. The Hill Building
|Aries Hill's store building was built between
the courthouse and the Bushrod Crawford house in 1907, in the space where the circuit
clerk's office had been.
For about thirty years it was a general store with an upper floor dwelling; it has also been a pool hall.
Its front (north) facade is stamped metal, with decorative moldings on the upper windows and pediment. It has two storerooms on the first floor and living quarters above.
After being closed during rehabilitation for
several years, this building was reopened as part of the Beverly
Heritage Center .